The Service Manager will oversee the daily service operations for Service Department. The position will manage and direct a team of technicians while ensuring high quality of work and repairs to customer equipment in the shop or field location. The Service Manager will utilize the highest level of customer service and certify that warranty guidelines are met.
- Assigns job schedules for shop and field technicians while ensuring a high level of customer service is provided by all department employees.
- Quotes repairs for internal machines and customer units.
- Machinery Inspection of completed technician work.
- Schedule and organize technical service training.
- Manages dealership warranty program and ensures documentation is properly completed for warranty or any potential liability claims. Accurately prepares service reports for warranty submissions.
- Settles customer disputes effectively and timely.
- Monitor and invoice work orders as needed.
- Performs budget reviews, provides budget input, and has responsibility for generating shop revenues.
- In cooperation with CWHC management and North America Human Resources, hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively. Identify employees skills and develop them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis. Conduct performance appraisals on time and provide continual feedback on performance. Take timely corrective action as necessary and in accordance with company policies. Work with the North America human Resource Department to handle disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, and other personnel related issues.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Two year Ag Diesel Technical Degree or Diploma, Journeyman preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a field diesel service technician role, preferred.
- Working knowledge of CLAAS machinery a plus.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and tools required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, ability to maintain confidentiality and tact.
- Proven ability follow-through defined tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Farm background desirable, not required.
- Ability to safely operate large farm machinery.
- Valid driver s license with a continued verifiable safe driving history / ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong English language skills, French and German skills a plus.
- Ability to travel; may require overnight travel and weekend or evening work.
- Ability to see, hear and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Follows all safety rules, regulations and policies.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and pick up objects.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently, 50 pounds occasionally.
Typical dealership/repair/office environment. Occasional vehicle or airline travel may be required.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION at the top of this Job Posting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.