The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for leading multifunctional project teams. This role is accountable for the development and execution of project scope, schedule, budget, resource needs and operating financials. This position is responsible for developing and managing all personnel and tasks involved in project management from project development to start-up including construction and commissioning activities. This position leads the development of project scope, schedule, budget, operating financials (including commitment preparation), staffing plan, and project execution plan including participation of multifunctional teams as applicable to each project. This position develops the procurement, bidding and contracting strategies for the project, reviews bid packages and leads the negotiations on equipment, engineering and labor packages. This person is responsible for determining the appropriate construction management processes considering safety, schedule, efficiency, cost management and documentation. This person is accountable for meeting all project objectives using the appropriate Project Management practices including PDP, Build, PDRI, PPM and PMG as applicable to each project size and scope.
*Relocation assistance and/or hiring incentives may be available for this position in the discretion of the Company.
25% Defines and is accountable for project objectives and facilitates interaction with project sponsor and stakeholders to ensure alignment of project objectives. Defines viable alternatives to meet project objectives. Develops capital budget, schedule, scope, operating costs, resource needs, and benefits for each option. Performs financial analysis on each viable option and selects best option. Writes commitment and charter for funding approval if appropriate. Fully utilize Project Management Guidelines, PDP, Build, and PPM processes as needed to properly execute project. Generate project reports as needed to track costs and schedule.
20% Responsible for process engineering including P&ID development, system throughput calculations and equipment selection, mass/material balances, and energy/utility calculations.
10% Develops, reviews, and awards bid packages for labor and equipment including contract negotiations in cooperation with Procurement and Cargill Law.
5% Any other duties as assigned
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best every day. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline that has a strong foundation in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, mass/material balance and process design OR Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field and minimum 8 years industrial experience.
- Minimum 5 years of production management or engineering experience with exposure to project management processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and work with multifunctional teams and personnel.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience.
- Demonstrated high levels of organization, communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and delegate.
- Knowledge of project management systems
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Strong self motivation and ability to timely execute
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in production, reliability, or project management.
- Minimum 5 years in project engineering and/or operations supervision.
- Experience with project management tools and completion of build project academy.
- Demonstrated competencies in several of the key chemical processing unit operations such as evaporation, heat exchange, ion exchange, drying, etc.
- Experience in process safety, food safety, good manufacturing processes, competencies in piping design and tank design, automation, electrical and instrumentation, management of change, electrical design and fire protection.
- Construction project management course, root cause analysis training, reliability centered maintenance course, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30 hour construction safety training, and food safety training.
- Experience and understanding of standards, codes, and specifications applicable to industry such as API 650, ASME B31.3, NEC, NFPA, and IBC
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 03/13/19