|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Working in a highly energetic, results-oriented environment, the Salt Group Product Line Manager works closely with internal and external stakeholders (Cargill Salt Group functional leaders, customers, consumers, suppliers, industry leaders) to understand, create, and deliver customer-driven solutions. This role will translate a thorough understanding of the market, including competitive landscape, customer and consumer economics and critical value drivers, into high-value, actionable solutions that will generate significant revenue and profitability growth, in accordance with Salt Group's overall strategic goals.
Describe in detail 4-5 major position responsibilities/duties, not tasks, listing the most important first.
No duty should have a percentage less than 5% and all duties should add to 100%
Accountability Category #1: Product Line Business Results = 40%
• In coordination with Salt Group functions, lead development and execution of Product Line annual plans to deliver on business objectives. Provide leadership and guidance in relevant business areas, including market intelligence, supply and demand balance, price optimization, and product portfolio management.
• Collaborate with Sales, Supply Chain, and Operations to create, grow and optimize market share for the Product Line, in balance with Salt Group capabilities and overall business objectives.
• Develop budgets, business planning, capital expenditures, establishing and monitoring business performance metrics in alignment with Product Line objectives.
Accountability Category #2: Product Line Strategy = 30%
• Lead development and implementation of long-term strategy for the Product Line, in accordance with overall Salt Group business objectives.
• In coordination with Salt Group functional teams, and through the application of project management, marketing academy, and innovation management tools, lead product development and product portfolio optimization plans.
• Provide recommendations/guidance for capital projects, in alignment with Product Line strategy and growth objectives, and in coordination with operations/engineering, supply chain, and finance functions.
Accountability Category #3: Innovation/Alliance Management = 20%
• Working collaboratively across functions, lead the development and implementation of innovative products, services, and solutions to achieve growth targets for the Product Line.
• Identify new growth opportunities based on Salt Group new and/or existing technologies and develop compelling value propositions for target customers.
• Manage internal connections (across Road Safety; Water; Food; Growth Ventures; BOSC; Enabling functions (i.e.: HR/IT/Legal/etc.) and external relationships (e.g., vendors, industry associations, business partners/business partner prospects) to help create new business opportunities for the Product Line.
Accountability Category #4: General Activities= 10%
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or required
Education, Experience, Skills
In bulleted statements, indicate the education, experience and skills for this position. Education includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc. Skills include applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position. Also include other specific requirements such as environmental conditions, physical effort, shift requirements, travel requirements, etc. Indicate only the actual MINIMUM REQUIRED qualifications. Other items should be listed in the "preferred qualifications" section.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• 4-year college degree
• 6 years commercial/business experience
• Proven influence leadership across functions and senior leadership
• Strong commercial focus and demonstrated success in driving business growth
• Deep customer and consumer insights, with solid understanding of customer economics and key value drivers
• Strong collaboration skills, experience in effectively engaging and leading cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to develop and successfully implement strategic initiatives and ability to work effectively within a matrixed and process-honoring organization.
• Proven computer knowledge/experience (Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, etc.)
• Strategic thinker and strong analytical and quantitative skTo apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION