|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The Sugar Product Line Advisor position is responsible for leading the commercial interface along with the Product Line Manager with the shared service functional areas such as Sales, Supply Chain, & Technical Services. The position is responsible for taking a lead on pricing and customer segmentation strategy and execution. This role is also responsible for maintaining and communicating our supply and demand analysis. In addition, this role will be the point person for risk management and futures trading.
55% Customer, marketing partner & sales team market information support. Work and travel with sales team to present sugar market overview and guidance to key customers. Lead weekly and monthly market updates provided to the sales team. Lead weekly and monthly marketing partner commercial update calls. Assist in developing annual sales plan and customer target objectives. Develop sales support materials and presentations.
15% Supply and Demand analysis for Sugar. Formulate Cargill bias on Sugar Supply and Demand. Manage data discovery and input process. Lead interface with USDA and 3rd party market advisors. Collaborate with Alvean JV and other Cargill offices to maintain global S&D.
20% Leading price discovery and price indication (strategic pricing). Lead Sugar product line pricing strategy. Assist sales team with customer RFQ's. Work with marketing partners to devise and execute pricing strategy. Document price range and sales objectives for marketing partner and sales team.
10% Futures and Risk Management. Point person for developing futures strategy and execution. Oversight for Cargill cash risk position. Ensure and approve daily position reporting
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 10 years' experience in business development/product development/product management and/or product marketing in a business-to-business setting.
• Strong business acumen. Knows how business work and proven track record for making money.
• Ability to understand supply and demand and effect on pricing.
• Strategic Agility: Strong strategic thinker- can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Is curious, has broad experiences and knowledge.
• Builds effective & motivated teams through strong influencing skills to lead a non-embedded, cross functional product line team.
• Strong price and contract negotiation skills- can build trust and negotiate in tough situations with minimal noise, without damaging relationships.
• Ability to read, analyze, and effectively develop and present information to top management, public groups, and customers.
• Proven ability to make quality decisions- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to develop strong vision and purpose- proven ability to communicate a compelling vision and engage team that is motived to ensure business success.
• Ability to develop strategy for responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Proven business partnering skills.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Chemistry, Nutrition/Food Science, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemical engineering.
• Commodity ingredient experience.