Position Purpose & Summary
This position is responsible for the Solution Design, Build, Test and Service Introduction of the application end-to-end within the Finance Application Portfolio area. As a strong business delivery partner the Solution Manager understands business challenges and opportunities and works to lead the scoping, design (functional analysis and functional/technical architecture) and build of value-added solutions to meet the set business requirements and outcomes on time, on schedule and on budget.
The Solution Management position encompasses the following functional and global product or technology areas:
Responsible for Solution/Applications that support the following Tax Sub-Process Capabilities:
Tax Management (direct):
Tax Management (indirect):
- Tax Reporting
- Process Monitoring
Responsible for an Application Portfolio that consists of approximately 50 Direct/Indirect Tax Management Applications
Determine and recommend centralization, harmonization and application rationalization strategy as it relates to the CBS Service Catalog
- Work with Finance Function, EA and the Technology Architect to define roadmap for migration of solution capabilities to Global Finance Platform
- Work with the Technology Architect to determine decommissioning/delicensing and data archiving strategy
Work with the Finance Global Process Organization, Enterprise & Solution Architects and Technology Architect to implement the Finance Data Strategy as it relates to the Finance portfolio.
The position requires a strong leader who can partner effectively across Global IT and with third-party partners; a strong expertise in portfolio business processes and demonstrated delivery oversight as part of large global transformations.
Alignment with Regional Portfolio Application, PMO and Deployment teams, plus Enterprise Process management teams will be critical in achieving the delivery strategy and will require strong change management and influencing skills.
Principal Accountabilities: 60% Solution Management - Design/Build thru Deploy
- Owns resource forecast & estimating for prioritized backlog of activities
- Sets expectations & curator of design/dev standards adopted for area
- Knowledge of Agile Delivery Capabilities
- Drives to a collection of approved user stories & edge cases
- Key supporting cast for product visioning & connecting ideas together for design & build feasibility, value and speed. 'the how'
- Responsible for design/build deliverable commitments and buy-in across component areas
- Ensure design/build adheres to risk and performance/infrastructure scalability - ensure design completeness across app & network/infra
- Responsible lead for testing teams; approach and execution/results sign-off
- Responsible lead to SCRUM master(s)
- Understands market competition/trends & consults with business to develop new product ideas/concepts
- Ensures team commitment (skills/expertise) to Immersive Learning Center & Rapid Prototyping teams on key development and backlog targeted
- Ensures team commitment (skills/expertise) to collaborates & partner lab teams on key development and backlog targeted
- Supports complex problem solving with operations for live products - inclusive of RCA analysis and action plans, and a champion for long-term health of design 'the how'
- Contributes to architecture review boards for portfolio area. Looks to EA for community of practice consulting and guidance on detailed designs and decisions in alignment with overall architecture decisions
- Manages pipeline for rapid prototyping and ILC or external labs
- Evangelizes and stays current on latest design trends and discussions - key speaker(s) in internal and external outreach discussions/events
- Stays connected with Enterprise Architecture to refine and confirm base package or custom application target strategies/decisions
- Looks to EA for community of practice consulting and guidance on detailed designs and decisions in alignment with overall architecture decisions
- Ensure overall solution(s) architectures are maintained and thoroughly understood by the team
- Responsible lead for cutover