|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
As a member of the extended reliability team within Cargill - Starches Sweeteners and Texturizers North America (CSST NA), the Instrument Reliability Engineer - interacts with internal and external centers of expertise to ensure reliability centered maintenance and engineering principles are utilized within the site and departments. The Instrument Reliability Engineer is responsible for the execution of instrumentation solutions for routine department maintenance, maintenance and capital projects primarily at the local site, but can also at times be utilized at other CSST NA sites. This position is expected to work as part of a centrally focused team implementing AEI initiatives and projects based on defined best practice standards and guidelines. Provide design expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation for projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards. Provide expertise and/or support for internal and external resources during the execution of projects.
45% - Execution of instrumentation solutions used for controlling plant process. Will involve technical support, design and configuration of instrumentation, oversight of electrical and instrumentation functions related to projects. Provide troubleshooting expertise in the areas of AEI in support of the plant, as well as management of troubleshooting tools and documentation. Will be required to obtain knowledge of plant processes.
25% - Design and Implement control strategies based on current best practice standards and approved components. Investigate, design, write and complete projects that will improve productivity or process reliability.
20% - Work with fix/support teams to identify areas in need of improvement and reliability. Provide and participate in training for projects.
5% - Provide AEI support and expertise to CSST NA site projects. Participate in Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
5% - Any other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical discipline OR Associate's Technical degree plus minimum 5 years AEI experience OR minimum 7 years AEI experience in lieu of degree.
• Process Instrumentation experience: Pressure, Level, Flow, Temperature, pH, O2, Smart Instruments.
• Continuous Control experience: Process Characteristics, Feedback Control, Controller Tuning, Process Conditions
• Control Valve experience: Valve types, valve selection, operation, positioners and actuators
• Ability to configure and manage Emerson AMS system.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to troubleshoot medium and low voltage electrical systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot multiple instrument models across a wide range of manufacturer.
• Ability to read and update electrical schematics, loop diagrams and process control narrative.
• Design, implementation and troubleshooting knowledge of plant electrical and instrumentation technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with minimum supervision and meet deliverables.
• Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
• Demonstrated proficiency in at least two disciplines of AEI.
• Work well in a team or individual environment and be a self-starter.
• Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION