|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The Solution Architect supports the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of solution options for the ERP portfolio. This position works closely with the all Functions Portfolio Architects, Application Architects, Enterprise Architects and key stakeholders to determine requirements for solution planning and development. This position develops solution architecture at a project level in collaboration with other architects, global and regional ERP & Functions portfolio teams and subject matter experts from Cargill's business units.
The Global Solution Architect Architect understands both technical and functional design and brings perspective from all architecture domains (process, application, data, technology and security) into the solution design in support of Global ERP & Functions portfolio capabilities. Utilizing a strong expertise in ERP & Functions business processes and Global ERP applications that support these processes, this position ensures solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). This position is accountable for solution evaluation and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
The Global ERP Solution Architect position is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the 'art of the possible', and driving innovation investments throughout the portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
The ERP & Functions Portfolio encompasses the following areas:
- ERP Processes and Solutions
- Functions Processes and Solutions
The Solution Architects, as a team, own the integration, maintenance and integrity of the portfolio architecture for all trading solutions, encompassing global business capabilities enabled by enterprise application landscape.
40% Architecture Planning and Development
• Develops and maintains ERP & Functions solution architecture by leading solution definition, solution architecture reviews, and solution selection efforts
• Acts as part of the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
• Develops and maintains the Conceptual Architecture for the ERP & Functions Regional Applications Portfolio
• Owns the Logical Architecture for a regional portfolio (describing flow and high level physical arch)
• Responsible for understanding the strategy across regional businesses on the capabilities provided within their portfolio and translating that into an architecture plan (In partnership with the ERP & Functions Portfolio Leads and Solution Architect)
• Responsible for the application architecture for all capabilities within the ERP & Functions applications portfolio (meaning the application portfolio, key APIs, transactions, etc.) and the associated roadmap
• Responsible for the data landscape for the ERP & Functions regional applications portfolio
• Responsible for all buy vs. build for the ERP & Functions regional applications portfolio
• Responsible for governance to the architecture plan for the NA regional portfolio
• Ensures architecture aligns with Enterprise Architecture standards/principles
• Responsible for lifecycle planning for applications within the regional ERP & Functions portfolio
• Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
• Provides support and consultation for detailed design, deployment and production support.
• Primary contact for vendors providing technology solutions within your portfolio (including open source distribution vendors).
• Responsible for ensuring Cargill roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap (including open source distribution vendors).
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION