Cargill helps feed, 400 million people every year. Cargill Animal Nutrition is a leading nutrition provider for commercial animal agriculture across 24 countries. Our successful 100+ history is a result of our commitment toward a culture and values centered on customer focus and enrichment of people and communities. Our offerings are developed to meet and exceed customers' needs; from accounting to agri-business management, marketing to risk management and sales consulting to plant operations. Cargill has a job that to meet your interests and goals. Our global career opportunities are as far reaching as our business.
Dairy Sales Consultants are involved in all phases of on farm consultative dairy management sales, sales territory management, professional communication, feed manufacturing, market knowledge and most importantly customer needs. In this position you will be responsible for initiating and developing relationships with prospective customers along with continuing to deepen relationships with established customers to discover/create opportunities to meet customer needs. Cargill has industry leading training programs to develop and enhance your career and personal skill sets regardless of your experience.
This position is based in Central Alberta.
35% - Introduce new business; generating profitable new accounts, growth at targeted accounts by identifying and recommending new technologies and new market opportunities related to customers' needs.
35% - Retain and expand strong working relationships with customers. Build multi-level and cross functional relationships with strategic new customers.
20% - Develop, execute and frequently review annual sales strategy/plans for assigned accounts/geography based on strategic importance, understanding of market, first hand customer information, and alignment with regional and Canadian strategies. Office work and team meetings.
10% - Personal learning and development activities.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Science or Agriculture or relevant experience considered in lieu of degree
- 3 + years sales or dairy industry experience
- Demonstrated professional sales skills, including effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to travel, with up to 25% of the time away from home
- Strong commitment to customer excellence and needs
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- 5 + years dairy industry sales experience
- Previous sales experience and demonstration of sales success