At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Crop Specialist are to:
- Be responsible for managing the Field Solution (FS) program for the assigned crops maintaining and improving reliability, quality, timeliness, and cost;
- Maintain accurate records of FS increases in proper databases, including seed inventory, inventory transactions, parental seed characteristics, quality, and seed health information;
- Ensure that all the parental lines are genetically fixed - work closely with the breeders to evaluate and assess parental lines’ genetic quality;
- Collaborate with Research and Development (R&D) and Crop Teams with technical support and product advancements;
- Supervise operations including but not limited to seed preparation, seed sowing, rouging, harvesting, threshing, conditioning, seed storage, shipments, and assessment of PGO trials;
- Share relevant parental line information with R&D and Production teams to accelerate producibility learnings and crop management for the successful production of new varieties;
- Be responsible to maintain a high level of hygienic controls, protocols, and supervision of sanitation processes, if needed;
- Engage with key stakeholders R&D and Breeding team, Global production, Pre-commercial, Field Quality, Production Research, and others to identify improvement opportunities to improve reliability, cost, and customer experience;
- Review quantity, quality, cost, and timeliness data and address areas for improvement, simplification, optimization;
- Assist Pre-commercial Manager in OPEX and CAPEX preparations;
- Manage and guide the development of FS Associates;
- Ensure external and internal compliance in our operations, including HSE, Human Rights, Business Conduct, QMS, BIO-ETS, and SOX.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a scientific discipline with at least three years of relevant experience or Master of Science in a scientific discipline;
- Excellent Human relations skills, effective communication skills;
- Good knowledge of local language and English;
- Ability to influence all levels in the organization;
- Customer Focus, Innovation & Experimentation, Collaboration and implementation of best practices, Knowledge Sharing;
- Process Oriented and Results Orientated;
- Fosters use of digital and analytic tools;
- Instant trust (with his team and other stakeholders);
- Attracts, Develops and Builds Effective Teams.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Payette || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||619401 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |