For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Senior Enterprise Architect: DevOps - Various Locations
Erlanger, KY; Decatur, IL; Amsterdam, NL; Heidelberg, DE
This is an exempt level position.
As part of a global enterprise architecture team, partner with business and architecture domains (i.e. Application, Infrastructure, Information, Security, Solutions) to ensure IT strategy is aligned with business strategy and priorities. Ensure EA principles and standards are defined, communicated and followed when selecting and/or building IT solutions. Partner with architecture domains and business to drive innovative idea's which can help differentiate ADM in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Business)
- 10+ years relevant architecture experience
- Visa sponsorship not available
- Deep knowledge about DevOps and have hands-on experience with DevOps, configuration, automation and operations, and leadership roles. Specifically
- Re-defining architecture (examine existing system and execute new practices)
- Build new communication channels (build operational/development channels)
- Automate existing processes (tool agnostic)
- Identify and implement configuration management solutions to meet the needs of application deployment and management
- Review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations
- Experience implementing continuous delivery and DevOps solutions
- Monitor the delivery of solutions between architecture, time, cost, and quality
- Lead and influence the architectural design of features by determining quality and adhering to specifications
- Expert skill in any of the following tools and systems: (will vary depending on the job): Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Git, MongoDB (or other NoSQL DB)
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python
- Exposure to modern tools and technologies such as micro services, devops, digital, etc. preferred
- Experience working in waterfall and agile environments
- Design Thinking experience is preferred
- End to end business process knowledge (i.e. prospect to cash, plan to deliver, procure to pay, record to report)
- Knowledge of the Agriculture and/or Nutrition Industry(s) preferred
- TOGAF certification preferred
- Well versed in Enterprise Architecture process, design, documentation and deployment techniques
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills combined with ability to work with all levels of the business and IT
- Ability to sell, influence, and build consensus at all levels of the company including senior leadership at the corporate and division level
- Ability to translate idea's into actionable requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Define principles and standards that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of technology solutions
- Partner with architect domains to create conceptual, logical and physical architectures that support DevOps processes
- Work with architecture domains to create structured solutions that align with DevOps practices and methodology
- Partner with the Digital Enterprise Architect to ensure solutions design in DevOps processes, tools and techniques to support CI/CD deployments.
- Partner with the Central Digital Unit (CDU) and the various architect domains on research, innovation, proof of concepts and technology selections that move forward ADM's adoption of DevOps while delivering business value
- Understand business strategy and priorities (i.e. strategic capabilities), and work with architecture domains to align IT strategy
- Translate IT strategy into roadmaps that produce re-usable technology solutions which supports company strategy and differentiates ADM in the marketplace
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that supports and drives business outcomes
- Work with architect domains in preparation for Architecture Review Board (ARB) meetings
- Provide guidance, oversight and coaching to architecture domains
- Review and sign off on architecture designs
- Perform validation checks during build & deployment phases to ensure alignment with approved architecture designs
- Drive improvements of architecture processes, methodologies and services, ensuring the quality of architecture assets
- Develop architecture metrics and plans to achieve results
- Mentor and coach junior level architects
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.