For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Senior Enterprise Architect: SAP - Various Locations
Erlanger, KY; Decatur, IL; Amsterdam, NL; Heidelberg, DE
This is an exempt level position.
As part of a global enterprise architecture team, partner with business and architecture domains (i.e. Application, Infrastructure, Information, Security, Solutions) to ensure IT strategy is aligned with business strategy and priorities. Ensure EA principles and standards are defined, communicated and followed when selecting and/or building IT solutions. Partner with architecture domains and business to drive innovative idea's which can help differentiate ADM in the marketplace.
- Understand business strategy and priorities (i.e. strategic capabilities), and work with architecture domains to align IT strategy
- Educate business and architecture domains on SAP technologies and innovations
- Align SAP roadmap and strategy with ADM business and technology roadmap and strategy
- Responsible for identifying, researching and prototyping new SAP technologies and innovations, in partnership with the business and relevant architecture domains
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that supports and drives business outcomes
- Define principles and standards that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of SAP technology solutions that also support the wider IT initiatives and strategies such as DevOps and Digital
- Work with architect domains in preparation for Architecture Review Board (ARB) meetings
- Partner with architect domains to create conceptual, logical and physical architectures for SAP products
- Provide guidance, oversight and coaching to architecture domains
- Review and sign off on architecture designs
- Perform validation checks during build & deployment phases to ensure alignment with approved architecture designs
- Drive improvements of architecture processes, methodologies and services, ensuring the quality of architecture assets
- Develop architecture metrics and plans to achieve results
- Mentor and coach junior level architects
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Business)
- 10+ years relevant architecture experience, with a focus on SAP products
- Visa sponsorship not available
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills combined with ability to work with all levels of the business and IT
- End to end business process knowledge (i.e. prospect to cash, plan to deliver, procure to pay, record to report)
- Knowledge of the Agriculture and/or Nutrition Industry(s) preferred
- Experience architecting and implementing various SAP products such as SAP Digital Core, Success Factors, SAP cloud products, etc. for large international companies
- Knowledge of SAP Business Partner 'bolt on' solutions
- Strong knowledge of SAP Leonardo with use case experience
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA preferred
- Knowledge of SAP product functionality and architecture landscape
- Knowledge of SAP strategy and roadmap
- Ability and desire to build a strong working relationship with SAP software company
- TOGAF certification preferred
- Well versed in Enterprise Architecture process, design, documentation and deployment techniques
- Experience working in waterfall and agile environments
- Exposure to modern tools and technologies such as micro services, devops, digital, etc. preferred
- Ability to sell, influence, and build consensus at all levels of the company including senior leadership at the corporate and division level
- Ability to translate idea's into actionable requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.