For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Senior Enterprise Architect: Cloud - Various Locations
Erlanger, KY; Decatur, IL; Amsterdam, NL; Heidelberg, DE
This is an exempt level position.
As part of a global enterprise architecture team, this position will partner with business and architecture domains (i.e. Application, Infrastructure, Information, Security, Solutions) to ensure IT strategy is aligned with business strategy and priorities along with ensuring EA principles and standards are defined, communicated and followed when selecting and/or building IT solutions. As well as partner with architecture domains and business to drive innovative idea's which can help differentiate ADM in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Business)
- 10+ years relevant architecture experience
- Visa sponsorship not available
- Deep knowledge of Cloud platforms and services
- Experience in Cloud services (Preferably Azure)
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing, storage, and networking concepts and services
- Demonstrated success architecting, designing and building scalable Cloud solutions in a highly available environment
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- UNIX and Linux experience preferred
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of emerging and existing technologies
- Good knowledge of at least one operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows, prior experience as an administrator or architect in any of the well known operating systems is also helpful
- Familiar with the pros and cons of (say) 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, a 32-Bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1, or a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Base Machine Image.
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS
- A high-level understanding of key security concepts as they relate to Cloud deployments
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills combined with ability to work with all levels of the business and IT
- Experience working in waterfall and agile environments
- Exposure to modern tools and technologies such as micro services, DevOps, Digital, etc. preferred
- End to end business process knowledge (i.e. prospect to cash, plan to deliver, procure to pay, record to report)
- Knowledge of the Agriculture and/or Nutrition Industry(s) preferred
- TOGAF certification preferred
- Well versed in Enterprise Architecture process, design, documentation and deployment techniques
- Ability to sell, influence, and build consensus at all levels of the company including senior leadership at the corporate and division level
- Ability to translate idea's into actionable requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Develop Cloud adoptions plans
- Provide guidance, oversight and coaching to Central Digital Unit (CDU) and Architecture Domains on Cloud architecture standards and emerging technologies.
- Work with the Digital and DevOps architect to drive continuous deployment pipelines into Cloud solutions
- Ensure that all Cloud solutions align with business objectives, agreed service levels, IT strategies, and architecture standards
- Understand business strategy and priorities (i.e. strategic capabilities), and work with architecture domains to align IT strategy
- Translate IT strategy into roadmaps that produce re-usable technology solutions which supports company strategy and differentiates ADM in the marketplace
- Partner with architect domains on research, innovation, proof of concepts and technology selections
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that supports and drives business outcomes
- Define principles and standards that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of technology solutions
- Work with architect domains in preparation for Architecture Review Board (ARB) meetings
- Collaborate with Architect Domains on developing conceptual architecture designs and provide guidance in translating conceptual designs into logical and physical designs.
- Drive improvements of architecture processes, methodologies and services, ensuring the quality of architecture assets
- Develop architecture metrics and plans to achieve results
- Mentor and coach junior level architects
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.