For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Relief Operator Night Shift (Mixing Operator) - Effingham, IL
ADM Animal Nutrition
This is an hourly position.
The Relief Operator is responsible for operating various pieces of equipment throughout the production facility in the absences of machine operators. This may include vacation coverage, break coverage, unplanned absences, and periods in which operators are busy working on other tasks or production is behind schedule. Details duties are as follows:
- Understand the mixing equipment/process and capable of running the batching systems
- Lead clean out and unplugging of all equipment in the mixing tower
- Ability to run the bagging lines, tote lines, gather product and weigh ingredients in the nano room
- Keep product moving through the equipment in the mixing tower
- Check all bins and be able to do bulk loadout and receiving, including paperwork and quality checks
- Accurately complete production paperwork
- Know and understand all quality procedures throughout the plant and complete QA tasks such as online checks, sample checks and filing retain samples
- Ensure the area is kept clean and complete all listed housekeeping duties
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be available to work different shifts, overtime, and weekends, as needed.
- Individuals must be mechanically included to troubleshoot equipment and process problems
- Must be detail oriented, have proven computer proficiency, and have the ability to read and perform basic math calculations
- Must have proficiency in all areas of mixing, nano room and micro room
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with prior experience driving a forklift preferred
- Strong safety aptitude and work ethic and promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
- Ability to climb stairs and be exposed to elevated heights on an occasional basis
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to safely operate a utility knife
- Work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as hot and cold temperatures, and a dusty work environment
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.