For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 32,300 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries. With a global value chain that includes 428 crop procurement locations, 280 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 39 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com
Plant Utility-Marshall, MN.
This is an Hourly-Rotating Shift Position
Under limited supervision, performs various duties in the corn plant. The duties may vary by day. Duties may include doing sanitation, gathering samples, operating motorized equipment such as bobcats and forktrucks, making adjustments to plant equipment, training, etc.
- Collects "in process" samples and may or may not conduct the laboratory testing.
- Communicates effectively with the department operators.
- Maintains close contact with the area supervisor, advising the supervisor of problems encountered.
- Contributes to team effort to complete the assigned Sanitation Schedule items.
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
- Assists with operational activities in field.
- Assists in disassembling department equipment for the purpose of making repairs and with supervision reassembles, tests and activates such equipment.
- Assists with routine preventive maintenance duties on department equipment and notifies supervision of the need for major repairs or adjustments.
- Movement and operation of railcars, forklift, skid-steer and front end loaders
- Must be motivated and have the ability to take direction.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment, as well as the ability to work well without supervision.
- Excellent attendance is a must.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Work with various chemicals and caustics
- Work overtime when necessary
- Work with vibrating equipment
- Work on slippery/uneven surfaces and at high elevations
- High and low temperature extremes
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Carry ladders and tools.
- Climb ladders
- Walk long distances
- Previous process or plant experience is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma or GED
ADM requires the successful completion of all required pre-employment screenings.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.