For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Performance Excellence System Practitioner, NA
This position can be done from any ADM North America location
ADM All divisions
This is a full time, exempt position
The Performance Excellence Practitioner role is designed to coach and guide the implementation of the Performance Excellence System (PE) which is a Readiness deployment into the ADM organization. This role is the direct conduit between the tactical/operational and strategic initiatives in the organization. This position requires a leader that can facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Align with strategic objectives for the Business Unit/Division/Functional Area/Plant and Execute PE to accomplish them
- Perform education to pillar teams and steering committee
- Train teams to utilize tools and methodologies aligned to PE
- Serve as multi-site implementation leader
- Serve as multi-site sustainment leader Audits/coaches the Site Steering Team every visit
- Audits/coaches KPIs, Pillars and key projects each visit
- Ensures visibility of KPIs, trend management
- Provide/share foundational best-practices with alignment to the system across plants
- Ensures the Plant Colleagues satisfaction through the execution of the standard visits to transfer performance system knowledge
- Track and review ROI if the site implementation to deliver hard cost savings
- Ensures Site program minor blockers are highlighted and communicated with site Specialist and Site Leader
- Arranges intermediate Steering Team reviews outside visits and benchmarking
- When needed, elevates communication to Regional Lead
- Review of trip reports with Regional Lead, identify gaps and provide solutions
- Coordinates site visit calendar and aligns with Scope of Work
- Travel required, up to 70%: A typical Month example:
- Week 1: Mon travel, Tue-Wed Plant visit, Thu Travel back
- Week 2: Mon Travel, Tue-Wed plant visit, Thu Travel back
- Week 3: Mon travel, Tue- Wed plant visit, Thu Travel Back
- Week 4: Office week- write reports, team meetings, next visits planning
The PE Practitioner role is responsible for the deployment and ongoing sustainment of the PE Pillar system across all north America divisions(Oilseeds, Nutrition, Carbohydrates Solutions, and Origination) In addition, the Practitioner is responsible for the training/coaching/mentoring of Performance Excellence Leaders at the local plant level.
This position will be focused on driving improvements in revenue and driving cost out of the business through the development of efficient processes, elimination of non-value added or duplicate efforts, waste and other related losses within the ADM utilizing the zero-loss mindset through the PE system
Critical Competencies Key to success in this position is the ability to work within and across the organization at all levels creating value and buy-in as the key change facilitator for the Performance Excellence System deployment.
- Foundational experience in Continuous Improvement
- Coaching and Facilitation skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Professional maturity - work with all levels of the organization
Specific duties include:
- Facilitate the linkage between Business Unit, Division and Site objectives and ensure alignment using the PE system
- Coach and assist plants in their Zero Loss Thinking and Analysis
- Ensure plants are prepared for the launch of the PE implementations
- Provide education on the pillars as necessary
- Provide on-site coaching to the individuals/teams as necessary
- Perform audits and assessments for the evaluation of PE results and consistency across the division
- Identify training needs/gaps prior to and during the implementation.
- 'Learning to See' the losses and coaching others to see
- Coach/mentor FI pillar teams to achieve savings goals
- Technical Training on the Job (OJT), some formal education helpful
- Performance Excellence System Pillar training provided
- Lean and Organizational Skills
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing/processing and/or Continuous Improvement experience
- Desire experience in continuous improvement system such as ADM Performance Excellence, Lean or TPM
- Desire proven leadership of deployment of continuous improvement system such as ADM Performance Excellence, Lean or TPM
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.