For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Nano Room Operator 2nd Shift (Operator II) - Effingham, IL
ADM Animal Nutrition
This is an hourly position.
The Nano Room Operator is responsible for weighing ingredients per written SOP for the facility. Details duties are as follows:
- Weigh up materials listed as shown on the computer prompter
- Verify that the components and amounts are correct when batch is completed
- Ensure that the micro tubs are marked with the correct identification placards
- Complete Movement Sheets to request material needed in the micro/nano room
- Gather materials in the warehouse to replenish stock in the nano room occasionally
- Check scale weights at the beginning and end of each shift
- Conduct inventory on specific ingredients each day
- Ensure the area is kept clean and complete all listed housekeeping duties
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be available to work different shifts, overtime, and weekends, as needed.
- Must be detail oriented, have proven computer proficiency, and have the ability to read and perform basic math calculations
- Must have proficiency in all areas of the micro room
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with prior experience driving a forklift preferred
- Strong safety aptitude and work ethic and promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
- Ability to climb stairs and be exposed to elevated heights on an occasional basis
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to safely operate a utility knife
- Work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as hot and cold temperatures, and a dusty work environment
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.