For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Decatur Corn Processing Plant- Decatur IL
This is an hourly position.
Safely maintain/install production equipment that will ensure our customers the highest quality achievable and help drive continuous improvement efforts at a world class level. Ensures operation of machinery/equipment by completing preventive/predictive maintenance requirements. Rebuild/replace motors, powered transmission, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, conveying systems, pumps and other production equipment Works under general supervision, typically supervisor or manager.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure that working safe and that co-workers are working safe and that food quality is always a top priority. Contribute any ideas for improvements
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by adhering to all safety, GMP rules and training.
- Preventative/Predictive maintenance duties as needed, ensures that all equipment is in top mechanical/electrical condition and alerts management if any issues are found.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation and or using precision testing devices.
- Read technical manuals/blueprints to understand equipment and controls
- Repair, rebuild pumps, gear units, air equipment, hydraulic equipment, conveying equipment and other types of equipment as needed.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish tasks
- Participate and lead Performance Excellence initiatives within assigned department.
- Provides mechanical information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains mechanical information by filling out Maximo work orders correctly and having the work orders turned in daily to management.
- Contribute to team efforts in other areas of the plant
- Attention to detail when performing any type of work
Technical Skills:Physical Requirements:
Requires experience in maintenance field and may require 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Strong mechanical skills, working knowledge of manual and automatic tools, level and alignment skills, trouble shooting and the ability to plan procedures for completing a task. Good communication skills, and able to work under time constraints. Must be adaptable, self-starter and dependable.
Applicant must have regular, prompt attendance. Have the ability to climb stairs, perform some lifting, sit and stand for long periods, work in confined spaces, working with heights, bending, kneeling, and respirator qualified. Candidate must be able to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as hot and cold temperatures and a dusty environment.
Must be willing to work on any shift.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401(k)/ESOP, pension, health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and a background check.
ADM is an EEO for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.