For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Iowa Origination and Sales Manager
This is an exempt level position
Even though this job will have indirect fertilizer responsibilities, the main focus will be on origination from farmer directly into our Iowa processing plants. ADM's Iowa asset base consists of an extensive grain elevator, transportation and marketing network that originates, transports, stores and sells agricultural commodities including wholesale and farm-direct fertilizers. ADM has developed a team with strong grain and fertilizer experience to work closely with ADM facilities and in other strategic footprints. The ideal person would have solid grain and fertilizer industry experience, have a good understanding of production agriculture, grain and fertilizer markets, and a strong ability to work directly and indirectly with and with others to help farmers supply and manage production and marketing risk. This position requires management skills, a strong ability to communicate in group and individual settings. This role will help ADM grain origination and fertilizer sales, and exceed sales, service, and revenue goals with an emphasis on developing long-term farmer relationships to secure supply chains critical to feeding the worlds growing population and improving diets.
The qualified individual will be responsible for leading farm direct grain origination, fertilizer sales, strategy, and growth with a team of sales, and grain origination personnel. This person will supervise account ownership for customers and territory planning including prospect customers. This person will lead origination and sales strategy development with commercial management for assets and future growth necessary to achieve strategic goals for ADM. This person will lead necessary efforts to procure, transport, and distribute purchases and sales in area of responsibility. This person will be responsible for proper customer account maintenance including A/R and logistics for ADM contracts.
- Grow origination and sales as a high functioning team as well leveraging the ADM resources and personnel available including Territory Integration Manager(s).
- Manage a defined number of key customer accounts directly.
- Provide leadership and education of grain and fertilizer markets to team members and other ADM stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring proper customer account maintenance, including A/R and logistics for ADM contracts and fertilizer position management when necessary
- Moderate travel in area of responsibility
- Strong self-motivation
- Ensure collection and recording of information on assigned accounts in Salesforce and support customer in every way to make ADM their first choice in grain origination and fertilizer supply while supporting other ADM capabilities
- Must be engaged and collaborate with accounting and administrative staff to ensure timely and accurate accounting and contract management
- Provide analysis and input into further development and success of ADM
- Function as a member of the commercial leadership team for the region or locations assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or agriculture, or equivalent experience, supplemented with minimum of five years outside sales and origination experience, Ag sector preferred.
- Demonstrate capacity to evaluate and manage risk, along with understanding of how to lead and conduct professional sales/origination calls with customers and prospects.
- Basic understanding of grain/futures trading, grain contracting alternatives, fertilizer markets and offerings, production agriculture and the application of those to the farmer
- Work closely with respective Territory Integration Manager(s) to support CRS and to coordinate high value training and sales/origination support activities.
- Commitment to be a positive & professional team leader
- Ability to function as a leader and supervisor to coach, mentor, and develop sales and origination staff with strong collaboration across other job functions.
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to interface with various levels ADM
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use and application of mobile technology and ADM sanctioned social media
- Commitment to lead the use technology applications that are critical to sales and origination activities
- Commitment to lead the effective use Salesforce to track customer interactions and capture critical business information
- Commitment to territory planning and development and efficient execution.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Early adopter of new technology and ability to lead and influence other target users
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
Job Post Date: 06/14/19