Position Title - Grain Origination Specialist
ADM-Benson Quinn - Hensler, ND
This is a full time, exempt position. Key Skills and Competencies:
Responsibilities:Potential responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Aggressive, achievement oriented and self-motivated
- Persistent with a passion for grain origination
- Information seeking
- People person with strong communication skills who excels at cold calling
- Strong work ethic and leadership minded
Requirements:To be considered for an opportunity, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Purchase grain for regional assets within and outside of normal draw areas by direct contact with producers via telephone, in person and on-farm contact.
- Maintain a clear customer account list and defined prospect list including an action plan for each.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with producer base.
- Understand the producer's marketing needs and objectives.
- Obtain and share information on local markets including weekly update and recap.
- Communicate with operations, merchandising team and management about customer concerns and opportunities.
- Timely follow up with all customer issues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Continued industry education by attending internal and external opportunities.
- Assist in the operation side of business as needed. This could include grading grain, loading trains, working weekends as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture or business (i.e. economics, finance), supplemented with a minimum of 1 to 3 years' experience in the marketing of commodities or other agricultural-based products in North America; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated capacity to excel within high risk, fast-paced work environment; proven ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions; demonstrated negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to communicate with all levels of the organization; portray positive image of self and company at all times.
- Supply and demand knowledge (local and global).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of domestic trade.
- Proven ability to manage effectively within a team based work environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with end-users, suppliers and internal customers.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. - Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Committed to corporate ethics policies and safety programs.
- Willing and able to attend training sessions (external or internal) to keep on top of new technology and innovation.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends or holidays when needed.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
Hiring Manager; Shawn Schaff
Recuriter: Stacey Meyer