For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Fertilizer Procurement and Sales Representative - Eastern Region
This is a full time, exempt position.
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Overland Park, KS
Job Description The qualified individual will be responsible for wholesale fertilizer sales, strategy, and growth of their territory. This person will have account ownership for customers and prospects along with primarily outside sales efforts for their territory. This person will assist strategy development with business leadership for assets and future growth necessary to achieve strategic goals for ADM. This person will assist in necessary efforts to procure, transport, and distribute purchases and sales in territory of responsibility and act as a total team player. This person will be responsible for proper customer account maintenance including A/R and logistics for ADM contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in business or agriculture, or equivalent experience, supplemented with minimum of three to five years outside sales experience, Ag sector preferred.
- Demonstrate capacity to evaluate and manage risk, along with understanding of how to conduct professional sales calls with customers and prospects.
- Basic understanding of grain/futures trading and fertilizer markets, production agriculture and the application of those to the farmer
- Commitment to be a positive & professional team leader
- Ability to function effectively, both independently and on group efforts
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to interface with various levels ADM
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use and application of mobile technology and ADM sanctioned social media
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Early adopter of new technology and ability to lead and influence other target users
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
- Grow origination and sales from individual efforts as well as leveraging the ADM resources
- Responsible for proper customer account maintenance, including A/R and logistics for ADM contracts and fertilizer position management when necessary
- Travel will be expected in the territory
- Strong self-motivation
- Must be engaged with accounting and administrative staff to ensure timely and accurate accounting and contract management
- Provide analysis and input into further development and success of ADM
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran's status.