For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Electrical Technician - Galveston, TX
This is a full-time, hourly position.
We are looking for an individual ready to take on challenges and responsibilities within our grain handling facility in Galveston, TX.
Assignment Colleague will work in a team atmosphere to service equipment in a grain handling facility. Assignments may include, but are not limited to:
- Safely install, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain the plant electrical and computerized instrumentation equipment
- Collaborate effectively with production and/or maintenance colleagues to determine priorities and complete assignments in a timely manner
To be considered for an opportunity, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
- Able to work in team environment and able to execute self-directed assignments with little supervision
- Able to work in elevated areas, in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc), climb stairs/ladders, work in confined spaces, bend, kneel, operate a computer, sit and stand for extended periods of time and have respirator qualifications
- Committed to ADM's goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Able to run conduit, pull wires and terminate connections
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Possess good hand dexterity
- Exhibit regular and prompt attendance
- Display strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- College, technical school, military training or equivalent experience in electrical and/or electronics role
- Display mechanical aptitude and be willing to do mechanical work when required
- Willing to improve technical skills through on-the-job and/or outside training
- Rotating shift and weekend work is required
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, etc.
- Possess an attitude of continuous improvement
- Previous experience troubleshooting of 24V, 120V and 480V systems is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial electrical experience is preferred
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.