For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Customer Service Representative - Farmer City, IL
This is a non-exempt position.
This successful candidate will be responsible for proactively maintaining an ongoing relationship with customers and sales staff. Will have daily exposure to customers in a fast paced environment and will be responsible for managing many aspects of customer accounts. Representatives will have exposure to order entry/scheduling, accounts receivable and logistics management. Limited travel may be required.
- Work in a busy sales environment
- Partner with Sales Team to maintain excellent relationships with customers
- Interact with customers regarding orders and documentation needs
- Follow through on logistics for shipments from origin to destination
- Enter and manage sales and purchase contracts
- Process invoices and monitor accounts receivable
- Researching and obtaining resolution of customer issues
- Effectively manage positive relationships with ADM Plants, ADM Transportation Teams, ADM Technical Team and Shared Service
- Cross training on all CSR responsibilities
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Produce settlements, checks and delivery sheets for customers/grain producers on a daily basis using grain accounting software system
- Assist the Scale clerk with weighing trucks, grading grain as needed
- Ability to multi task is crucial to being successful in this job. Must adapt and perform consistently in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to be utilized daily
- High regard for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate well in a team environment. Must be committed to group goals and objectives and continually seek to improve
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be efficient problem solver
- Must be able to make moderately complex decisions which impact all aspects of the business
- Must have a friendly and positive disposition
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Associates degree in accounting or business preferred or 2-4 years' experience with accounting and customer service
- Would prefer candidate with strong working knowledge of ADM's IBM system, to include but not be limited to: OPGO, APGO A0GO, FCGO, PCGO
- Ability to learn web based and other computer applications as needed
- Prefer 2-4 years of experience with customer service
- Actively grow their knowledge of their customers business and market conditions
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.