For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Chemical Engineer- Decatur, IL
This is an exempt position
Senior Process Engineer-3 is a Senior Process Engineering level position. Senior Process Engineer-3 creates, reviews, and approves Pressure Relief Devise sizing calculations, mitigation of PRD's issues, and completes other duties as assigned. Projects are assigned by the Mechanical Department Manager or project Lead Mechanical Engineer (ME-3 or ME-4).
- Working knowledge in "iPRSM software or similar software.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering (or related field) from an ABET accredited 4 year university. Licensure as Professional Engineer is highly desirable.
- 15 plus years of experience with sizing Pressure Relief Devices (PRDs)
- Experience with one of the following analysis tools: Aspen Plus or Aspen HYSYS or other simulation software.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply P&ID and PFD drawings to piping designs.
- Working knowledge of PID symbols and application of components.
- Ability to read and interpret industry codes and standards including ASME, ASTM, API and PIP.
- Ability to correctly apply codes and standards to engineering design.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematics and analytical background.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks with little direct supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Discuss with Mechanical Department Manager, Lead Mechanical Engineer, or project Lead Piping Designer regarding the best method for accomplishing project assignment.
- Provide meaningful feedback to help the Mechanical team improve performance.
- Patient, organized, thorough, self-starter and self-motivated.
- Original and creative ideas.
- Not satisfied with status quo. Continually strives to find new and better solutions to mechanical design and modeling challenges.
- Project tasks are carried out under the direction of the Project Manager, Design Professional in Responsible Charge (DPIRC), and Project Engineer.
- Mechanical Department Manager, and Lead Mechanical Engineer (ME-3 or ME-4) will provide coaching and direction.
- Develop and/ or maintain process simulations and material and energy balance analyses for process systems using Aspen or other software.
- Perform Pressure Relief Device calculations per API 520 & 521, and local jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide leadership and direct pressure relief device sizing calculations utilizing iPRSM software and other software as necessary.
- Determine applicable overpressure scenarios for process and utility systems.
- Responsible for PRD revalidations and maintaining PRD calculations
- Perform flare system analysis and final reporting.
- Assist with collection of design data, dimensions, and information for existing field conditions required for proper PRV sizing analysis.
- Perform mechanical integrity estimated remaining life calculations for pressure vessels and piping systems per API 570 calculation methods.
- Perform evaluations of pressure vessel designs for mechanical integrity calculations per ASME pressure vessel Section VIII code requirements.
- Assist clients with generation of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs).
- Utilize AutoCAD PID software to develop intelligent PID deliverables.
- Perform on site walk downs to develop iso's when needed.
- Review work performed by outside contractor process engineering.
- Interface with Operations to provide technical support and recommendations on methods and improvements to eliminate problems.
- Read and interpret design, equipment and vendor drawings.
- Assist with development of PRDs design and analysis standards, policies, and best practices.
- Positive, can-do attitude, regardless of the circumstances.
- Always pitches in, gives best effort, sticks up for team members, and shares the glory.
- Value and respect diversity of skills and perspectives and ensure everyone plays a part in achieving success.
- Develop strong working relationships with a high level of communication within the Mechanical Design team.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.