Technical Sales Specialist
We are seeking a strong, technically based sales individual who will develop and oversee the companys sales and marketing strategy in an assigned region of the U.S. This is an "expansion" position. Initial responsibilities will be solidifying and growing the relationships with our existing customers as well as becoming the "go to" person for our new dealership and distribution channel partner system, creating new sales opportunities. Candidate should feel comfortable presenting in front of individuals, dealers as well as corporate decision makers, and be the technical sales and training person for our company within this partnership. This is a sales role, and job duties and performance success with focus on sales, as well as providing technical support to dealer/distribution partners, developing and managing an effective sales/marketing communication program to assigned customers. This individual will report directly to the President of Sales Marketing. Extensive travel throughout assigned region is required. As the company grows, a successful individual will continue to increase role responsibility within the organization. Strong dairy industry knowledge and previous solid sales performance is a MUST. Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide overall sales with existing and prospective customer base within assigned region
• Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan
• Manage sales and marketing efforts with dealer and distribution partners to ensure competitive pricing and company profitability
• Prospect and develop business relationships with key customers for new account growth within the region
• Provide and facilitate technical support, training and educational updates to customers when requested
• Attend industry trade shows and events necessary to increase awareness and interest of products with prospective customers
• Provide input on product and industry trends and dynamics and provide direction on new product development
• Extensive travel is required within the assigned region
Basic requirements include: Degree in Agriculture, BS or MS preferred. Proven individual sales history, sales team history, new business development history, and an appetite for double to triple digit growth potential. Livestock, agronomy, forages, and specialty product line-up requires broad based ag experience. Strong communications skill set a must.
Keywords: Dairy, cows, livestock, nutrition, feed, rations, commodities, forages, hay, silage, crops, beef, hogs, poultry, feedlot, feed additives, sales, sales management, Midwest
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Technical Sales Specialist job.