Metal Processing Manager Job Responsibilities:
Oversee production, scheduling, inventory, and maintenance of metal forming and machine shop activities while managing and developing employees. Responsible for the production of finished parts by operating manual and CNC equipment for the forming of sheet/plate steel, linear structural stock, and machined parts. Responsible for maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Responsible for aligning human and equipment resources with changing schedules and priorities. Metal Processing Manager Job Duties:
• Lead, assign, and develop personnel in the Metal Processing Department
• Maintains safe operations in the Metal Processing Department by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Operate and manage in a manufacturing and job-shop environment
• Recommend quality and efficiency improvements of operations as they relate to the Metal Processing Department
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the Metal Processing Department
• Review and discipline for all employees in the Metal Processing Department
• Plan equipment and employees by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings in print and digital formats, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GDT).
• Ability to operate and oversee production on non-CNC machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, iron worker and grinders to produce metal parts.
• Facilitates programming and optimizing CNC equipment like press brakes, plasma tables, mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Verifies accuracy of programs by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces
• Must acquire operational and maintenance knowledge of equipment to be first-level responder to errors or failures
• Maintains equipment by leading and directing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer"s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains process continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production logs.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the enterprise Metal Processing Manager Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in metal forming, machining, or processing operations management Salary Benefits:
• Salary level based on experience and skill set
• Must be willing to relocate. Relocation expenses provided at sign-on.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan and 401(k) plan
• Paid vacation and sick leave
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Metal Processing Manager job.