Director of Maintenance and Engineering
The Director of Maintenance and Engineering will oversee all plant maintenance including facilities, utilities, and operations to reduce downtime and ensure peak plant efficiencies. Our client is a leader in the protein industry, therefore food plant experience is required. The successful candidate will bring the necessary experience, systems management knowledge and leadership to ensure improve the effectiveness of manufacturing operations and business systems. Candidate must meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum five years management experience in food plant maintenance. Bachelors degree in Engineering or related degree with advanced work in electrical and hydraulics preferred.
• Excellent administrative and follow-up skills to achieve successful maintenance and repair programs.
• Must have refrigeration system knowledge.
• Must be computer literate; experienced in using computer software applications such as CADD and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with superb time management and project scheduling skills. Essential functions:
• Directs all aspects of building operations including maintenance and repairs.
• Responsible for vendor selection, budget management, and project management responsibilities for major projects and improvements involving process optimization, safety, quality, infrastructure and energy use.
• Manages work assignments in staffing, scheduling, coordinating, and planning of team members engaged in manufacturing engineering activities.
• Knowledge of environmental regulations and ensures compliance with all operational permits.
• Evaluates and implements innovative, cost effective, manufacturing processes and techniques, which will improve the effectiveness of manufacturing operations and business systems.
• Provides technical expertise and leadership for the timely resolution of manufacturing process problems. Serves as a resource for cause/effect analysis, investigations, and corrective action planning.
• Develops and implements manufacturing flows, work station layouts and organization, which optimize value added operations, operating costs, and product/process quality.
• Leads department efforts to provide technical training and guidance to management and team members.
• Represents the company"s position and interest effectively in dealings with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Maintenance and Engineering job.