Controls Engineer Job Summary for the Controls Engineer includes (but not limited to):
• Utilize electrical/controls knowledge to comprehend all facets of the electrical/controls assembly, electrical component installations and quality process of the company"s product lines
• Assist in the design of automated systems.
• Optimization of current automation cells.
• Provide data for suggested modifications.
• Review and evaluate code.
• Evaluates all relevant ergonomic, safety, environmental and compliance considerations when reviewing processes, designs and implementations.
• Interaction with manufacturing, maintenance, automation vendors, quality and other department supervisors or managers to solve and correct existing and expected manufacturing problems
• Work with Purchasing Team to secure necessary equipment.
• Coordinate out-sourced work with vendors.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques
• Travel as needed to customer locations (domestic and/or international) to install or troubleshoot with high regard to customer service and quality Required Education and Experience
• Minimum of Associates Degree from an accredited technical institution
• B.S. degree in Electrical Technology or Engineering Technology or related field a plus
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in implementing control systems; design experience preferred
• Proficiency in understanding programming logic
• Programming experience in college or industry
• PLC programming experience
• Excellent organizational skills and experience with customer relations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
• A proven understanding of electrical/controls engineering and assembly, project management, and quality assurance programs
• Ability to travel 35% of time, sometimes for extended periods and over weekends (both domestic and international); must be able to obtain a passport
• Ability to be a self-starter and work alone at times
• Auto CAD
• Catia Employment Package
• Salary of $55,000 -75,000 based on experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision
Job Keywords: automation, controls, controls engineering, controls engineer, automation engineer, electrical technician, PLC, PLC programming
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Controls Engineer job.