- The 21st Century Equipment Internship Program is designed to provide college students with operational experience in all areas of a John Deere dealership including Parts, Sales, Service and Integrated Solutions Departments.
- The student will report to the Location Manager and rotate between the departments completing various assigned projects which will provide them an overview of the operations of the business.
- Depending on the location needs and intern’s preference, they will be able to complete additional time in a specific department towards the end of the summer.
- The student will be able to safely operate the dealerships forklift and/or other equipment as required and must be 18 years of age or older.
- The student will complete a rotation program in each of the dealership departments and have the opportunity to work alongside and job shadow our current employees. Ky initiatives that the student will be involved with in each department may include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Remarketing Group to learn how to analyze used equipment and establish book values.
- Learn how to complete the used equipment appraisal process.
- Complete video marketing projects on all targeted used equipment identified from the sales leads. Load videos, updated photos and product descriptions for machines into MachineFinder.
- Initiate sales leads with customers and complete sales process on Compact Utility Tractors (CUTs) and lawn mowers as required. Utilizing product incentives and John Deere Financial options.
- Travel with specific Sales Professionals to observe customer interactions, appraisals, demonstrations, JDQuote process.
- Deliver a new/used machine (combine/hay equipment) to a customer along with the Sales Professional.
- Develop basic understanding of ISG products.
- Learn about the Operations Center, Stellar Support, JDLink, and Harvest Mobile. Be able to operate AutoTrac and navigate the 4600 display.
Integrated Solutions Group:
- Develop a basic understanding of John Deere Precision Agriculture products and 21st Century Equipment Integrated Solutions Group services used in the Western High Plains
- Learn about John Deere’s digital product offering centered around agronomic and equipment data collection and analysis – John Deere Operations Center, StellarSupport™, JDLink™ Mobile, MyOperations™ App, AgLogic™
- Establish a basic understanding of the various embedded John Deere technology features and capabilities – Displays, GPS Receivers, MTG’s, AutoTrac™
- Gain exposure to John Deere telemetry solutions and remote support tools – JDLink™, Service ADVISOR™ Remote, Remote Display Access, Wireless Data Transfer
- Learn Parts Expert and JD Parts to sell parts to customers and service department technicians.
- Assist with checking in, receipting parts, and putting away daily stock order.
- Assist in keeping Parts Department clean and orderly.
- Assist in merchandise showroom for summer promotional products (ie-combine/hay parts displays). Front face shelves, pricing and signage.
- Complete a physical parts inventory (25 part numbers/day or as time allows)
- Pull pallet/enviro creates and prepare them for return (June)
- Assist Service Technicians as needed on work orders – ie – remove hoods, chaffers, etc.
- Assist with machine assembly, pre-delivery, setup. Complete Pre-Delivery paperwork.
- Complete a Priority Service Inspection with a technician to learn wear points, recommendations, and the details of the Priority Service Program.
- Observe operation of Service Advisor and gain understanding of service utilization.
- Learn the Sales Service Request process and basic operation of the Service Department.
- Internship Location: The Internship program will be based at various 21st Century Equipment dealership locations depending on the locations needs and the availability of temporary housing for the intern. At some locations the company may be able to assist in locating housing.
- Internship Final Report: The student will present a final report to Senior Management team at the completion of the internship to highlight their involvement in the dealership and completed projects and to provide any suggestions to improve the internship program.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
- Obtaining a Bachelor’s or Associates degree
- Agricultural background preferred but not required
- Alignment with 21st Century Equipment company culture
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Job Post Date: 09/28/20